Sunday 21 March 2010

The IPL


The Little Master

Although the coverage is not the best, the pundits are truly woeful at times, it's still better than nothing! There are three major bees in my bonnet with regards to the IPL that I need to get off of my chest as it is really starting to nag at me:

1 - The Horn - During the games, wherever they are and regardless of who's playing, there is a loud Spanish sounding horn that the DJs love to play to get the crowd going. This gets used in the UK at football/rugby/cricket matches, but THEY use it every half hour or so. The IPL, the DJs like to sound this horn, and I’m not exaggerating here, every half a second! P*ss off!

2 - Ad Breaks – I know that the IPL is being staged in a country with over a billion people and have a viewing audience of hundreds of millions worldwide, buts is there really a need to have ad breaks ever couple of overs and in between balls?? REALLY??

3 - The Presenters – Yes I realise that ITV got the IPL at the last minute, but surely they could have got two people with more experience in the world of cricket? Come on ITV, you can do better!
Right, rant over! Now I’m going to be watching the rest of the current game Deccan Chargers vs Kings XI Punjab (follow it here - http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/engine/current/match/419117.html) and keeping a close eye on the only Englishman in the game, Ravi Bopara.
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment